Thursday, November 3, 2011

What happens when you Google "Google"?

I found out something interesting today.  If you go to Google (the online search engine- that will be important later), anyway, if you go to Google and type into the search bar "do a barrel roll" the Google search results will actually rotate!  It was pretty funny to see.  Go check it out now, if you want.  But open another tab!  We don't want to lose you yet (you're a pretty cool person).

So why am I bringing up this search engine trick?  It could just be because I have a short attention span, but that's not completely true this time.  This time I want to write about The Google Book. WAIT.  Don't leave- the book is not about the search engine.  The Google Book was written by V.C. Vickers and it was published in 1979, which was waaay before Google (the search engine) was created.

 Why should you be interested?  The book is full of verses, but they're not boring like all the poetry that people try to trick you into reading.  Try this and see if you're interested:

"THE FLABBYTOES
But mark!! What is that sound I hear?
Someone in agony I fear! –
Oh no!! It is old Flabbytoes,
You can't mistake his funny nose."

Okay, you didn't really care for that?  Well, there's some pretty rad pictures, too.


1 comment:

  1. That is one funky bird. I kind of want to paper my house with that picture.

    ReplyDelete