Friday, November 16, 2012

The Goldstein Chronicles 1.2: Is that Book for Real?

 Loyal Goldstein followers: it's the moment you've been waiting for: the Goldstein Chronicles 1.2! As with 1.1, this week we focus on cacapriciousness, the stroke of whimsy that comes with the territory of working in a library.




1.2: Is that Book for Real??
by Rob Stephens, Goldstein GA

In a single librarian's lifetime, s/he will handle thousands upon thousands of books. Personally, most of them won't don't make a lasting impression on me -- another book about vampires, a nondescript cover, a romance novel -- sometimes I don't even look at the titles of the books when I shelve them, just the call number.

But then there are days when I see a book and it truly blows my mind, to the point of no return. In other words, there's no unseeing this book, and it will change the way I think for the rest of my life.

This happened to me today, folks, and it was scary. What I'm about to show you is not for the weak-minded:



Manga Claus

Here's a short teaser to whet your appetite:

Santa is receives two magic blades as an honor gift from a samurai friend. Things are well on their way toward another smooth and successful Christmas.

But then an angry elf with a vendetta against Santa releases evil spirits into the North Pole. Will the hoard of angry teddy bears take over the North Pole Power Plant, thus ruining Christmas? How can the elves possibly recover from this awful event?

One of my favorite aspects of the book is that it includes a map of the North Pole with a compass, though the compass isn't very helpful considering every direction is "South."

Come by today to check out this, or any of the other mind-blowing books we have here at the Goldstein! Books will change your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment